Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ladakh Dream... Materializing...

I had a dream from a long time to go to Ladakh. That was in a corner in the mind because of some of the Environment Lovers working with me at Impetus. Moreover, when I left the place in August, 2009 one senior from Noida was planning to go biking in the region from Manali to Leh. This increased the fascination about the place in my mind. The thought was always tempting but the time required never was.

Finally, in the month of April, 2010 some of the friends decided to go to Jayalgarh for an adventure outing. But the decision took so long that the trip could not be materialized. Then the exams took over and the thing got forgotten. After exams, the internship started which was not so much fun but the internship got over in six weeks which gave a chance to explore again the travel plans. Dimpy and I got active about the same but the same Delay Thing took over. No one was moving and my long desire to go somewhere stung me as this time the plan was to go to Ladakh with the Anala Group operating from Ahmedabad offering vast options in adventure and Eco touring. I could not loose this chance as getting 15 days tour while you are working is next to impossible and I wanted to grab this chance even if no one joins me from the college. I tried convincing many people but no one was willing. Finally I grabbed it and without giving much thoughts to Loneliness or Internship Reports and Presentations, I just gave the cheque to Anala. I was on board... "yea.... Ladakh I am coming. I do not know weather there will be families or youngsters.... as this is an Eco Tour so there are all possibilities..." All the speculations in mind but I was coming to Himalayas.

Good news.... Dimpy is also coming (on the next day this came) and he is also bringing a cousin with him... Tapan. So now we are three people. "Yea.... way to go."

We were called by Anala for a meeting. The people looked satisfactory young and so hoped for having a great time ahead. They showed some videos and talked about the beauty of Ladakh... It all seemed so amazing and even more exciting than I had expected all that to be. But they told us that on the same route 1st batch came back from Manali, and the second batch came back from Kaylong. These were just the base points if you consider the Ladakh Journey on a Jip.

So... prayed all the time to God that... please make us reach the place.. keep Himalayas... clean!
I am coming to you Ladakh..... (Hopefully)...

No comments:

Post a Comment